Senior Civil/Mechanical Pipeline Engineer
CCI Inc. is seeking a Senior Civil or Mechanical Engineer to join the team in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Senior Civil/Mechanical Engineers provide advanced engineering skills, leadership, and project planning for civil pipeline industry designs.
- Perfect role to advance your Engineering career with a progressive company
- Enjoy an attractive salary, generous benefits
- Join an entrepreneurial company that considers their people part of the family
- Work within a dynamic, supportive and friendly company known for the quality of its team and the results they deliver
- Specialized training
About the Organization
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering service in Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, they have established themselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. They are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems including annular pressure modeling, intercept design projects, specialized pullhead design, and pipeline pull-force modeling.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the second year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team.
About the Opportunity
CCI Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated and driven Senior Civil or Mechanical Engineer who has an extensive pipeline background (Oil and Gas) to join our team in our Edmonton, AB office on a full time basis.
In this role your primary responsibilities will include:
- Complete work and assist in the preparation of pipeline and trenchless pipeline related documents
- Provide a leadership role in the Engineering Process
- Review our quality control process to ensure all documents meet our standards
- Complete complex civil/mechanical designs
- Apply knowledge of material requirements, material performance, and material limitations
- Provide technical input to product development plans and concept documents
- Provide reliable solutions to a wide range of difficult problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Independently determine general approach and specific solutions to technical problems
- Manage a wide range of projects
- Meet Project Deadlines
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, contractors, staff and other employees
To qualify, you must possess the following:
- Pipeline experience required
- Trenchless design/installation background highly preferred
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Alberta (APEGA)
- Knowledge/experience with the Alberta Pipeline Act and Regulation
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards – such as CSA Z662 and CSA Z245
- Complete knowledge of the industry
- An excellent communicator with a positive attitude
- Detailed oriented, meticulous, and have strong organizational skills
To apply for this role you must be a team-driven candidate with strong communication skills. You will be a focused and conscientious individual with the ability to work well with others. In addition, you will have the demonstrated ability to work under pressure, problem solve and complete tasks in a timely manner and under tight deadlines. A strong working knowledge of Stress Analysis, CAESAR II and AUTOPIPE is preferred.
About the benefits
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded an attractive salary commensurate with your experience, as well as generous benefits, ongoing development and excellent career advancement opportunities.
If you want to work with a dynamic, supportive and friendly team, in a specialist consultancy renowned for the quality of its team and the results they deliver, then apply now!
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – no phone calls please.