FORESTRY PLANNING, TIMBER SALVAGE & SILVICULTURE
CCI provides the services of Forestry Professionals. Before any linear project can move forward in a forested area a timber plan must be implemented. This would include, but is not limited to, the identification of the timber type, its size, the cutting and removal, and negotiations with the final end user. These are all vital components to the project. The forestry planning / GIS professionals devise a very detailed plan that allows the client to maximize production efficiency, safety and cost along with staying within the guidelines
in environmental footprint reduction.
Our forestry professionals understand the importance of a well executed plan done in a professional, time efficient, cost effective and safe manner, while always keeping the environmental commitments for the client’s social responsibility in mind. Our forestry personnel are the most experienced and qualified people in the industry and continue to provide a service that is second to none.
These professionals help control the establishment, growth, composition, health, and quality of the forests to meet diverse needs and values for a multitude of industries.
The silviculture group develops and implements long term strategic 20 year plans to effectively manage renewable resources for countless companies including the oil and gas industry.
- Timber salvage assessments
- Timber inventories
(standing tree and log scaling)
- Regulatory liaison services
- Timber salvage plans
- Route analysis, scouting and cost estimating
- Reclamation management
- Reforestation planning and planting supervision
- Road maintenance and abandonment plans
- Wildfire hazard assessments
- Wildfire contingency plans
- Clearing and construction supervision and management
- Follow the timber salvage plan provided
- Create the fibre utilization plan
- Clearing supervision
- Access development
- Timber utilization standards
- Timber scaling and marketing
- Mill quality standards
- Decking areas
- Road use agreements
- Clean up
- Design and manage reforestation projects for private land owners, municipalities, First Nations, community timber programs, Tree Canada foundation, major and minor forest industry companies, and oil and gas companies
- Monitor the growth and vigor of reclaimed vegetation and naturally recovered vegetation on pipeline ROWs
- Develop monitoring programs for all projects
- Ensure timely professional sign-off to certify that sites have been successfully regenerated
- Prepare, review with the client and submit all required documentation