Silviculture & Reforestation Specialist
January 24, 2019
This position is a full-time role based out of our Cochrane Office starting immediately.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
CCI Inc. provides a range of resource management services to a variety of clients throughout Alberta, BC and many other provinces and states. We are seeking a forestry professional to join our forest resource management team, with opportunities to work in the silviculture, forest management, FireSmart, forest protection, utility and oil & gas sectors. One of the main focuses of the position is around Caribou Habitat Restoration. This involves providing ongoing communications with clients to ensure that the level of services being performed by CCI is meeting or exceeding expectations.
Reporting directly to the Forestry Manager, this position is a combination of both field and office and provides a very challenging workload. This position requires a self-motivated, safety conscious individual who takes great pride in their work. Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to the following:
- Familiar with all aspects of silviculture management (tree planting, site preparation, surveys, vegetation management, etc.) and operational implementation
- Complete and supervise field activities (i.e. surveys, tree planting, site assessments, etc.) as required
- Work with other members of the Forestry Branch and clients to develop plans for and implement restoration activities on pipeline right-of-ways
- Work with the Forestry Manager on timber salvage planning projects which includes completing site assessments, mapping and reporting
- Provide continued support to our clients and maintain good working relationships
- Attend or lead meetings as required
- Additional services as required
- in Forestry or Diploma in Forest Technology (or related environmental field) mandatory
- 10+ years of experience preferred
- Registered (or eligible for registration) with AAFMP (CAPF or CAPFT) and / or ABCFP
- Knowledge of Alberta Establishment and Performance Surveys
- Field experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Intermediate working knowledge with ArcGIS
- Familiar with GPS units (Garmin’s, Recon’s, Trimble units)
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player
- High degree of organizational skills and attention to detail is required
- Experience with pipeline reforestation and caribou mitigation planning an asset
- Willingness to work in various locations throughout Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan
- Valid Alberta Drivers License, vehicle insurance and registration, 4×4 truck, $5 million General Liability, Standard First Aid and CPR, ATV Safety Training and H2S Alive
- Will be required to obtain defensive driving, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance Level II, WHMIS, TDG, Bear Awareness, Pipeline Construction Safety Training, Construction Safety Training Systems and/or Petroleum Safety Training
- Ability to work independently in the field
Nature of Work:
- Field and office work
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com