Senior Piping Designer
August 19, 2020
This position is a temporary contract position based out of our Edmonton Office.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the sixth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position
The Piping Designer is accountable for producing and maintaining piping deliverables (including, but not limited to: drawings, BOMs, 3D models and sketches in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications within the schedule and budget as set-out by the Drafting Manager.
- Carry out 3D modelling and design activities of piping systems and supports.
- Ensuring seamless interfaces with other drafting disciplines to incorporate design elements and vendor data such as equipment location, piping routing, structural steel, foundations, etc.
- Preparing and checking isometrics, general arrangements, MTOs, plot plans, key plans, equipment location plans and PID’s in accordance with industry standards, codes and client specifications.
- Prepare and check materials take-offs and bill of materials.
- Provide technical input during detailed engineering of projects.
- Establish good working relationships and communication with department managers and clients.
- Checking the work of, and assisting in the training of, less experienced drafting and design personnel.
- Undertake any other general duties that may be requested.
- 10+ Years’ experience in the Oil and Gas/ Petrochemical industry.
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience in the use of AutoCAD 2D and 3D software.
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD Plant 3D software.
- Technical school certification / degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have good working knowledge of piping codes and standards (ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI etc.)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Technical competence and attention to detail.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.