Project Piping Design/Draft Lead
November 5, 2018
This position is based out of our Calgary and/or Cochrane Offices.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for producing, revising, and the checking of drawings for various Pipeline and Facilities 2D and 3D projects, as well as design database management & standards.
- Work independently on design and interpretation of work requiring advanced, specialized technical knowledge
- Work under minimal supervision in accordance with established procedures to produce work from engineering and design
- Monitor work for compliance with applicable codes and practices
- Within establishes limits exercise independent judgment in the planning and organization of work methods
- Directly and indirectly administer and direct the work methods and delegation of project elements within the Drafting unit
- Make responsible recommendations on all technical aspects of work
- Estimate completion dates and monitor progress
- Distribute assignments in terms of specific objectives and priorities
- Coordinate with other discipline leads
- Acts as a liaison with Project Engineers, determining deliverable requirements for projects
- Check vendor supplied drawings
- Assist in engineering feasibility and cost studies
- Assist in more complicated elements as part of a project group
- Plan and schedule the work and manpower to meet project milestones
- Provide project updates and manpower estimates for management
- Attend project and deign review meetings
- Conduct field trips to gather preliminary design information
- Prepare design and drafting procedures to standardize design effort
- Review and check deliverables for quality
- Mentor and provide on the job training to junior staff
- Evaluate the performance of design staff on a specific project and provide feedback to the Department Lead
- Drafting database management
- General assistance with the day to day activities as well as vision and long-term planning of CCI Projects
- Involvement in review and organizational meetings as required
- Assure conformity to CCI Projects Design & Drafting standards and execution of the work to Quality Assurance and control
- Coordination and working collaboratively across all disciplines to promote a harmonious and effective working relationship throughout CCI
- Education: Diploma or Certificate from a Technical College
- Minimum 5-years Process Piping and Modelling experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD, CADWorx and Navisworks
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented, meticulous and strong organizational skills
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org