Project Controls Administrator
March 11, 2019
This Position is a part-time role based out of our Cochrane Office.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems including annular pressure modeling, intercept design projects, specialized pullhead design, and pipeline pull-force modelling.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
The Project Controls Administrator will assist with managing the day to day financial performance of various projects. This position will analyze financials, utilization, and other project indicators, providing concise reporting to management, project teams, and stakeholders.
- Participate in developing, establishing and maintaining the company’s project cost /control systems.
- Assist the project team in setting up the project, project cost codes, and the project baseline budget.
- Monitor the project performance and ensure that the project controls system is properly implemented.
- Provide management team with all the required project controls summary reports and analysis.
- Review the project contract and ensure that all the contract conditions (invoicing, reporting and all related issues) are applied and fulfilled when setting up the project within project controls system.
- Participate in setting up and controlling the project structure and related cost structure.
- Participate in the coordination between estimating and site to ensure that the project controls system is properly implemented.
- Ensure that the project staff and crew understands the cost code structure of the project and that they are charging their expended hours to the correct codes.
- Review and analyze the project controls reports (i.e. progress and productivity) with the project team and suggest corrective actions to maintain expected performance and productivity.
- Review and analyze the project scheduling and cost reports, suggesting corrective actions to maintain the project within planned cost and schedule.
- Prepare and update project cash flows as required throughout the project life-cycle.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field of work or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years of project controls related experience in the oil and gas, pipeline construction or infrastructure industries
- Sound working knowledge of Accounting Programs (such as BST), Microsoft Projects and Excel
- Able to develop and manage spreadsheets, project schedules and summary reports
- Aptitude for planning, analysis, and problem solving
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and quality of work
Nature of Work
- Office and computer work
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com