Pipe Stress Engineer
March 5, 2019
This Position is based out of our Edmonton Office.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
Responsible for completion of HDD engineering related documents. Prepares plans, designs, calculations and costs in accordance with CCI Inc.’s codes, standards and drawings. This is an intermediate level Professional Engineer role and the incumbent will work independently and may provide technical guidance to other Engineers.
- Accountable for the preparation and completion of HDD related documents
- Prepare and review drawings for accuracy
- Complete pipe stress calculations
- Evaluate geotechnical conditions as they pertain to pipeline installations
- Assist senior personnel to complete the Engineering Process required
- Solves problems using standard methods or modifications to methods
- Project Management duties as required
- Assists with overall departmental planning
- Client relations
- Provides technical guidance to junior engineers and other staff
- Reviews quality control process to ensure all documents meet standards
- Assists the Geotechnical Engineers in completing investigations
- Periodic project site visits, as required
- Bachelor Degree of Engineering (Civil, Mechanical or Geotechnical preferred)
- 4 to 6 years of relevant engineering experience, including pipeline experience
- Professional license with APEGA (P.Eng)
- General familiarity with a broad field of engineering and knowledge of the work of other disciplines
- Working knowledge of Stress Analysis, CAESAR II and AUTOPIPE is preferred
- Ability to problem solve outside of standard methods
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, problem solve and complete tasks in a timely manner and under tight deadlines
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org