December 21, 2020
This is a full-time role based out of our Cochrane or Calgary Office and could either be a subcontract or hourly wage position.
CCI Inc. has established itself as the “go-to” company of highly qualified and experienced pipeline and environmental specialists working together as a team to bring an integrated and complementary approach to each project.
CCI offers an unparalleled diversity of work that will ensure the successful candidate is challenged and engaged. At CCI, we work hard to produce results for our clients and are rewarded for our Commitment, Collaboration and Innovation.
CCI Inc. has been named one of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row. We have also recently expanded our footprint by merging with Geoterra Integrated Resource Systems Ltd. in British Columbia. Now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position
CCI is looking for the ultimate jack-of-all-trades that is willing to work in the field supervising equipment on a Monday, and head downtown in business attire for client meetings on a Tuesday. You have the innate ability to manage multiple tasks at one time and prioritize your day on the fly. You are an achiever, who thrives as you check tasks off a list. You are an effective manager of budgets and are also able to liaise with clients in person, on-line and over the phone.
CCI has a broad scope of projects for you to work on including linear restoration (silviculture), clearing and operations supervision, FireSmart operations and forest management planning.
The projects you will be responsible to manage have a positive impact on the environment by helping our clients make the right decisions in the field. You will work on projects that help with caribou habitat restoration, reforestation, water quality protection, saving communities from fire and minimizing the human footprint on the landscape.
Reporting to the Vegetation and Earthworks Operations Manager, this position is a combination of both field and office work and provides a very challenging workload. This position requires a self-motivated, safety conscious individual who takes great pride in their work. You will have the opportunity to hone your education and learn from a diverse team of GIS, environmental and engineering professionals.
- Supervision of field activities including tree planting and heavy equipment operation
- FireSmart prescriptions and field implementation
- Silvicultural prescriptions for forestry and energy clients
- Project management including proposals, planning, implementation and reporting
- Ensure quality control, job organization and tracking of projects to completion
- Timber salvage planning
- Grow your skillset and apply new technologies to provide the best results for clients
- Work with clients and project teams to determine project scopes, budget, schedules and deliverables
- Build relationships with potential and existing clients to help CCI grow our business
- Display the attributes that CCI values (teammate, eagerness to learn, takes initiative, versatility, ambitious and entrepreneurial)
- in Forestry or Diploma in Forest Technology (or related environmental field experience) mandatory
- 3-10 years experience in forestry
- Field experience, particularly supervising equipment
- Strong knowledge of ESRI suite of tools.
- Registered (or eligible for registration) with AAFMP or similar professional association
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to work in various locations throughout Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan for extended stretches
- Ability to work independently in the field
- Strong technical writer
- Experience with any or all of the following:
- FireSmart planning and implementation
- Logging supervision
- Log haul coordination
- Environmental inspection of pipeline activities
- Pipeline reforestation and caribou mitigation planning
- Silviculture program management
- Timber volume estimation
- Regulatory approvals
- Working with Indigenous Communities
- GHG reporting
- Resource industry training
- Will be required to obtain defensive driving, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance Level II, WHMIS, TDG, Bear Awareness, Pipeline Construction Safety Training, Construction Safety Training Systems and/or Petroleum Safety Training
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline is January 8, 2021.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com