Junior Civil Design/ Drafting Technologist
March 21, 2019
This position is based out of our Edmonton Office.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and driven professional to join our growing team of professionals. Working in the Drafting group and in collaboration with the Project Managers, you will provide drafting services for the projects and for various other clients using primarily CAD applications.
You will use AutoCAD Civil 3D and related software and data for creating design drawings. Your time will be split between the use of CAD tools and drafting checks of drawings.
- Produce, check and revise drawings for various Engineering, Geotechnical and other Horizontal Directional Drilling projects as assigned.
- Conduct drafting checks of drawings at various stages of completion.
- Assist in the development of company drafting standards and procedures.
- Post-secondary education in Civil Engineering Technology or Engineering Design and Drafting Technology.
- Experience with the use of mapping software (i.e. Google Earth, ArcGIS, AutoCAD Map 3D, Global Mapper, etc.) would be an asset.
- Strong analytical, communication and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work collaboratively within project teams to produce quality deliverables in an efficient manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, problem solve and complete tasks in a timely manner and under tight deadlines.
- Experience with LiDAR, DEM’s and Satellite Imagery.
- Knowledge of Coordinate Systems and Projections.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk 3ds Max or other visualization software.
- Experience preparing Plan & Profile drawings.
Nature of Work:
- Office and computer work.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com