Intermediate Engineer – Team Lead
June 27, 2019
This Position is based out of our Calgary Office.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
Responsible for completion of pipeline and facilities engineering related documents, and coordination of project requirements. Prepares plans, designs, calculations, documents and costs in accordance with industry and CCI Inc.’s codes and standards. This is an intermediate level Professional Engineer role and the incumbent will work independently and within a team to provide overall project management as well as technical guidance to other Engineers.
- Manage and delegate projects and act as a prime contact for the client and representative of the corporation.
- Channel information between client, field, and project staff
- Supervise and provide guidance for other Project Engineers towards completion of project deliverables
- Ongoing development of systems to standardize the efficient completion of project deliverables
- Analyze past project data to predict performance on future projects as well as determine areas for improvement
- Review quality control process to ensure all documents meet standards
- Manage scope, cost and schedule control
- Overall project and discipline coordination
- Provide technical/engineering support for various disciplines
- Prepare and approve project deliverables such as DBM’s; cost estimates; schedules; engineered drawing development, checking and sign-off; equipment sizing, specifications and datasheets; equipment and material requests for quotes, evaluation and award; contract preparation including scope of work (EWP), bid preparation, evaluation and award; quality control and checking
- Assist with overall project execution and delivery including document control, project filing and project administration
- Development of project procedures, templates and forms for the Corporation
- Business Development proposals and studies
- Develop client relationships to support and further business development goals
- Travel to site for information gathering, as-building, P&ID walk-downs, start-up activities or troubleshooting tasks
- Assistance with regulatory applications and submissions
- Complete pipe stress calculations
- Evaluate geotechnical conditions as they pertain to pipeline & facility installations
- Assist senior personnel to complete the Engineering Process required
- Solve problems using standard methods or modifications to methods
- Assists with overall departmental planning
- Periodic project site visits, as required
- Bachelor’s degree of Engineering
- 5 to 7 years of relevant engineering experience, including pipeline & facility experience
- Construction Management or construction experience preferred
- Professional license with APEGA (P.Eng)
- General familiarity with a broad field of engineering and knowledge of the work of other disciplines
- Working knowledge of Stress Analysis, CAESAR II and AUTOPIPE is preferred
- Working knowledge of CSA Z662 & ASME B31.3
- Ability to problem solve outside of standard methods
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, problem solve and complete tasks in a timely manner and under tight deadlines
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com