Human Resources Advisor
September 20, 2019
This position can be based out of our Calgary, Cochrane or Edmonton office.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the CEO, the Human Resources Advisor will assist, guide and advise business leaders through the delivery of a broad range of HR services. This role will touch all areas of people services including recruitment, onboarding and administration of all talent management processes including employee relations and performance management.
- Acts as first point of contact for Human Resources inquiries
- Coach and advise managers and leaders in the delivery of labour and employee relations
- Support the development and refinement of policies and procedures
- Provide advice and assistance on the interpretation of group benefits, policies, procedures and legislation
- Assist with full cycle recruitment activities, including posting jobs, screening resumes, calling candidates and scheduling interviews
- Review, update and conduct employee orientations and onboarding
- Assist with performing interviews, offer letter preparation and reference checks where required
- Participate in the research, development and implementation of a wide variety of projects, programs and initiatives
- Resolve sensitive employee issues
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal and provincial requirements for terminations and conducting investigations
- Contribute to continuous improvements and best practices
- Promote employee engagement and participate in related activities
- Assist leaders with the annual review process
- Collaboratively work with business leaders to help formulate solutions to issues
- Manage and maintain employee records
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Human Resources or related discipline
- 5 – 7 years progressive HR experience
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong integrity with ability to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information
- Solid computer skills required in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and problem solving skills
- Customer focused and able to nurture positive customer relationships
- Highly organized and has a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and superior ability to problem-solve
- Exceptional commitment to customer service with strong sense of urgency
- Highly motivated, self-starter, requiring little direction
- Travel may be required
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org