Field Operations Manager
January 22, 2021
This position is based out of our Edmonton office.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary Engineering and Management firm offering services in Trenchless Installations, Pipeline & Facility Engineering, Geotechnical Investigations, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation. Since 2004, we continue to be a driving force in the continuing advancement of planning and the construction of pipeline and trenchless systems. As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the seventh year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position
The successful candidate must have great organizational and leadership skills to oversee the majority of our field activities in the areas of setup, equipment and personnel coordination. As well, this individual will be involved in quality and safety coordination, audits, scheduling and contractual management. Additionally, the successful candidate will have a high attention to detail, excellent written, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well as a leader with various managers.
We require a multi-disciplinary skilled individual to manage our field operations in the areas of pipeline construction, forestry, environment and geotechnical services. The Field Operations Manager will work under specific direction from the Vice President of Construction along, with other departments for their area(s) of assignment.
As directed by the Project Manager, this individual will:
- Prepare, schedule, audit and manage field teams in a variety of disciplines,
- Participate in the changes to project scope, scheduling, auditing and tracking of budgets,
- Organize personnel and equipment for the projects,
- Liaise between the contractor, subcontractors, vendors and suppliers,
- Address concerns throughout the field programs to ensure the highest level of success,
- Plan, schedule, organize, direct and evaluate field programs from start to finish including scheduling, resourcing and budgeting.
- Proven field experience with multiple projects and disciplines in the Environmental, Oil and Gas and Forestry industries,
- Excellent internal and external verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to work within deadlines and see tasks through to completion with the assistance of the project managers,
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills with a strong attention to detail,
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office,
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in organizing and managing field programs,
- Experience and knowledge in proposal preparation, risk identification and negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.