August 7, 2019
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and driven professional to join our growing team in the Environmental Division in this Subcontractor Field Position based out of our Cochrane Office.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Engineering, Pipeline Integrity, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Reclamation and Reforestation. Operating since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in linear development through project planning, environmental planning, construction execution and post-construction monitoring.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Regulatory and Environment Operations Manager this position is primarily responsible for environmental inspection on small and large diameter pipeline construction and facility development and expansion, as well as post-construction monitoring programs, for provincial and NEB regulated projects. The nature of the environmental inspection role and the position is primarily field based.
- Environmental inspection of pipeline construction and lease development projects.
- Monitor compliance with applicable environmental requirements and commitments relevant to pipeline construction and operations.
- Advise construction personnel on major decisions such as wet weather shutdowns or courses of action to deal with unexpected environmental and construction conditions.
- Act as a liaison with local, provincial and federal regulatory agencies.
- Ensure contractors implement the Environmental Protection Plan (EPP) and Environmental Management Plans during construction activity.
- Recommend best practices and advise on measures to adaptively manage environmental mitigation to dynamic construction conditions.
- Conduct frac and spill sampling and recommend clean-up methods.
- Conduct inspection and monitoring during hydro-test diversion and dewatering activities, ensuring adherence to various regulatory requirements, i.e., Codes of Practice (COP), directives and acts, and approval/permit conditions.
- Supervise and coordinate drilling waste management practices.
- Ensure best soil management practices are implemented.
- Oversee watercourse or waterbody crossings ensuring compliance with project requirements, the watercourse environmental protection plan and regulatory conditions
- Conduct soil or water sampling and turbidity monitoring during dewatering activities.
- Recommend erosion and sediment control methods.
- Daily reporting, photo-documentation, compile environmental summaries and complete environmental as-built reports.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in natural sciences or a combination of experience and education conducive to the Environmental Inspector role
- Relevant professional designations an asset (P.Biol, P.Ag, etc.)
- Field experience required
- Pipeline construction knowledge and experience an asset
- Environmental inspection experience an asset
- Knowledge in soil handling methods, erosion and sediment control methods, water crossings (trenched and trenchless) and reclamation
- Familiar with federal legislation and provincial legislation in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia an asset
- Must be extremely organized and be able to prioritize workload
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be cooperative and work well in a team environment
- Valid drivers license, drivers abstract, defensive driving, vehicle insurance & registration, 4×4 truck, laptop, $5 million General Liability incorporation papers, WCB number, GST number, first aid, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance Level II, WHMIS, TDG, ATV, Bear Awareness, Pipeline Construction Safety Training, Construction Safety Training Systems and/or Petroleum Safety Training
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org