Silviculture & Reforestation Specialist
January 19, 2018
This Position is a full-time role based out of our Cochrane Office starting in May/June.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems including annular pressure modeling, intercept design projects, specialized pullhead design, and pipeline pull-force modelling.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fourth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
CCI Inc. provides a range of resource management services to a variety of clients throughout Alberta. We are seeking a forestry professional to join our forest resource management team, with opportunities to work in the silviculture, forest management, FireSmart, forest protection, utility and oil & gas sectors.
Reporting directly to the Silviculture & Reforestation Coordinator, this position is a combination of both field and office and provides a very challenging workload. This position requires a self-motivated, safety conscious individual who takes great pride in their work. Responsibilities may include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide continued support to our clients
- Familiar with all aspects of silviculture management (tree planting supervision, site preparation, stocking, establishment and performance surveys, vegetation management etc.)
- Ability to complete or supervise fieldwork services (i.e. regulatory surveys, tree planting, site assessments etc.) as required
- Work with the Silviculture & Reforestation Coordinator to complete pipeline reforestation, caribou mitigation planning etc.
- Involved in environmental meetings as required
- Additional services as required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Environmental Discipline mandatory
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Registered (or eligible for registration) with AAFMP (CAPF or CAPFT)
- Knowledge of Alberta Establishment and Performance Surveys
- Field experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Familiar with ArcGIS
- Familiar with GPS units (Garmin’s, Recon’s, Trimble units)
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player
- High degree of organizational skills and attention to details is required
- Experience with pipeline reforestation and caribou mitigation planning an asset
- Willingness to work in various locations throughout Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan
- Valid Alberta Drivers License, vehicle insurance & registration, 4×4 truck, $5 million General Liability, Standard First Aid & CPR, ATV Safety Training and H2S Alive
- Will be required to obtain defensive driving, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance Level II, WHMIS, TDG, Bear Awareness, Pipeline Construction Safety Training, Construction Safety Training Systems and/or Petroleum Safety Training
- Ability to work independently in the field
Nature of Work
- Field and Office work
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org