Senior Project Controller
January 4, 2018
Senior Project Controller
This Position is a full-time role based out of our Edmonton Office.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental Management, Regulatory, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems including annular pressure modeling, intercept design projects, specialized pullhead design, and pipeline pull-force modelling.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fourth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
The Senior Project Controller will manage the day to day financial performance of various projects. This position will analyze financials, utilization, and other project indicators, providing concise reporting to management, project teams, and stakeholders. The incumbent in this position must be very detail orientated and possess strong communication skills as regular/accurate reporting to Project Managers and Clients is a key responsibility of this position.
- Monitoring and reporting on project status, budgets, costs and progress
- Forecasting and earned value analysis
- Active participant in change management process including identifying projects with overruns, cost analysis, preparation and follow-up of change orders
- Liaise with Accounting to ensure appropriate project setup, costings/coding and billing details
- Manages project-related financial inquiries and provides appropriate responses in a timely manner
- Prepares detailed analysis or review of aspects of the project as may be required
- Providing project controls support to Project Manager, functional leads and the project management team as required
- Liaising between project operations and corporate controls under minimal supervision and organize field processes to support project controls activities
- Gathering information and submitting project reports for internal review and for distribution to clients, including but not limited to: daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly reports
- Ensure project performance metrics are established and tracked
- Attending and participate in project and stakeholder meetings and document/distribute meeting minutes
- Project planning and scheduling, including coordinating schedule updates as required
- Tracking, management and analysis of internal and external costs
- Change management, including setup and support for processes and systems
- Commitment to continuously improving project control related activities
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field of work
- 4+ years of project controls related experience in the oil and gas, pipeline construction or infrastructure industries
- Sound working knowledge of Accounting Programs (such as BST), Microsoft Projects and Excel
- Able to develop and manage spreadsheets, project schedules and summary reports
- Aptitude for planning, analysis, and problem solving
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nature of Work
- Office and computer work
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com