Environmental Specialist – Drilling Waste Disposal & Water Quality Monitoring
August 4, 2017
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and driven professional to join our growing team in the Environmental Division in this Subcontractor Field Position based out of our Cochrane Office.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental Management, Regulatory, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems including annular pressure modeling, intercept design projects, specialized pullhead design, and pipeline pull-force modelling.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fourth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the HDD Environmental Coordinator, this position is responsible for the management of drilling waste and water quality monitoring during the HDD crossing.
- Drilling waste sampling, testing and disposal coordination
- Liaise with clients, landowners and regulators in an organized and professional manner
- Coordinate water trucks, vacuum/hydrovac trucks, and other equipment
- Familiar with management of TFAs and TDLs
- Completion of required tracking documentation (additives, water etc.)
- Review all laboratory reports to ensure appropriate regulatory criteria are met
- Complete water quality monitoring and monitor for frac outs
- Complete daily reports, safety documents and required manifests
- Communicate efficiently with the on-site rig and/or construction supervisor
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in natural sciences
- Field experience required
- Excellent knowledge of various Provincial drilling waste disposal requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be extremely organized and be able to prioritize workload
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be cooperative and work well in a team environment
- Valid drivers license, drivers abstract, defensive driving, vehicle insurance & registration, 4×4 truck, laptop, $5 million General Liability incorporation papers, WCB number, GST number, first aid, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance Level II, WHMIS, TDG, ATV, Bear Awareness, Pipeline Construction Safety Training, Construction Safety Training Systems and/or Petroleum Safety Training
Nature of Work
- Field work Please submit your resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org