Environmental Inspector – Pipeline Construction Projects
August 4, 2017
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and driven professional to join our growing team in the Environmental Division in this Subcontractor Field Position based out of our Cochrane Office.
CCI Inc. is a leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm offering services in Engineering, Geotechnical, Construction Management, Environmental, Forestry, Planning & Reclamation, Wellpads & Access Roads and Pipeline Integrity. Since 2004, we have established ourselves as experts in Trenchless Technology and Open-Cut pipeline construction methods. We are a driving force in the continuing advancement of Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) systems including annular pressure modeling, intercept design projects, specialized pullhead design, and pipeline pull-force modelling.
As CCI Inc. has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the fourth year in a row, now is the best time to join our winning team!
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the HDD Environmental Coordinator, this position is responsible for environmental inspection on small and/or large diameter pipelines, including provincial and/or NEB regulated projects.
- Environmental inspection of pipeline construction and lease development projects.
- Ensure contractors implement the Environmental Protection Plan (EPP) and Environmental Management Plans during construction activity, recommend best practices, advise on measures to adaptively manage environmental mitigation to dynamic construction conditions, conduct frac and spill sampling, recommend clean-up methods, photo-documentation, compile daily environmental summaries and as-built reports.
- Conduct inspection and monitoring during hydro-test diversion and dewatering activities, ensure adherence to various regulatory requirements, i.e., Codes of Practice (COP), directives and acts, and approval/permit conditions.
- Supervise and coordinate drilling waste management practices.
- Ensure best soil management practices are adhered to.
- Conduct soil or water sampling and turbidity monitoring during dewatering activities, HDD water crossings, recommend erosion control methods etc.
- Act as a liaison with local and federal regulatory agencies.
- Advise construction personnel on major decisions such as wet weather shutdowns or courses of action to deal with unexpected environmental and construction conditions.
- Monitor compliance with applicable environmental requirements and commitments relevant to pipeline construction and operations.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in natural sciences
- Field experience required
- Pipeline construction knowledge and experience an asset
- Environmental inspection experience an asset
- Knowledge in soil handling methods, erosion and sediment control methods, water crossings (trenched and trenchless) and reclamation
- Familiar with provincial and federal legislation in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan
- Must be extremely organized and be able to prioritize workload
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be cooperative and work well in a team environment
- Valid drivers license, drivers abstract, defensive driving, vehicle insurance & registration, 4×4 truck, laptop, $5 million General Liability incorporation papers, WCB number, GST number, first aid, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance Level II, WHMIS, TDG, ATV, Bear Awareness, Pipeline Construction Safety Training, Construction Safety Training Systems and/or Petroleum Safety Training
Nature of Work
- Field work Please submit your resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org